Mon, Oct 09|
COX Communication Construction
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2023, 7:00 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 7:00 PM
Omaha, Omaha, NE, USA
About the event
COX Communications has placed signs at the entrances to the neighborhood, notifying Deerwood Avalon residents of upcoming construction. In addition, this communication is being shared via Facebook pages, email addresses (if the HOA has them on file) and will be posted on our website at deerwoodavalonhoa.com. COX has also notified us that they will be door tagging streets when they are in the specific areas. The HOA has been instructed to share the following information:
Cox is upgrading our neighborhood to a fiber-optic network, delivering the fastest, most reliable Internet experience as you work, learn, and live at home. Contractors anticipate starting construction this week on the corner of 113th and Potter, working west. There is a small portion of homes they will complete to the west of 114th before moving into Deerwood Avalon proper (likely will start in our neighborhood in 2-3 weeks) and door tags will be placed prior to construction. If you are a resident of Deer Crest, COX has already installed the fiber in your portion of the neighborhood and you should generally not be impacted.
What to expect during construction:
- Construction is planned to begin in the next few weeks and last for a few months.
- This is at NO COST to homeowners.
- Current services WILL NOT be affected.
- Teams will start by marking existing gas, water, sewer, power, telephone and cable lines (per state and local regulations) in the easements in front of homes (this is where most work will take place). Please DO NOT remove flags.
- Cox will install equipment to bridge the connection between the new fiber optic network and homes as homeowners elect to switch to the new fiber network.
- The new infrastructure will be a flush mount vault in the FRONT EASEMENT to reduce traffic to backyards (but in some instances backyard access may be required – homeowners will be notified and asked permission if backyard access is needed):
o This easement is granted per the dedication for Deerwood Avalon. You can view the neighborhood right away and easement rights at https://www.dcengineer.org/land-survey-records
o This email address is intended for any safety or damage concerns during or after construction. Please allow the contractors to complete work in your area and perform restoration prior to reaching out (COX has assured me that they will be restoring the easements): CCIOMA-CoxUpgradeProject@cox.com.
o There may be up to a 48 hour response time with the above email address. If you are experiencing service issues you will need to contact technical support at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/home.html or 402-933-3000 for residential services and https://www.cox.com/business/support/home.html or 866-272-5777 for business services.
Once construction is complete, we will reach out and give you an update on how to access our new fiber network. If you have questions for the HOA please reach out via email at email@example.com phone at 531-300-1020.